no edit summary
Forsthaus St. Hubertus is located in midst of the Ebersberger Forst (forest) about 35km east of central Munich. The main building dates back at least to 1885 when it was the residence and workstation for the forest warden of the area. In 1955 the private brewery Schweiger began to deliver beer to Forsthaus St. Hubertus and in 1978 the brewery took over the management of the property which belongs the state of Bavaria.
The last forest warden worked at the location until 1979. Thereafter the property has been used as a restaurant and beer garden. In recent years, Forsthaus St. Hubertus was poorly managed and unmaintained by various leaseholders. However, in 2010 new leaseholders, Heidi Hanrieder and Adi Warte, reopened the beer garden and restaurant after extensive renovation. The 2-storey restaurant building was completely refurbished and tastefully decorated and is now an ideal venue for holding small private functions in a homely atmosphere.
The beer garden has 400 seats in the self-serviced area partly shaded by chestnut and other trees. The food stall offers regular beer garden meals as well as homemade cake and icecream. All hot meals are prepared fresh at the time of order and the cook will ring a bell when the meal is ready. Even the country potatoes get their golden colour in the oven. The beer served is Schweiger and costs €?? p/[[Maß]].
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="48.107818" lon="11.932955" zoom="17" controls="large">
Forsthaus St. Hubertus
'''Forsthaus St. Hubertus'''<br>