no edit summary
'''Forsthaus St. Hubertus is located in midst of the Ebersberger Forst (forest) about 35km east of central Munich. While the
full history of this location is not entirely known, a few remaining government archives suggests that the building dates back to at least 1885 when it served as the residence and workstation to the forest warden of the area. In 1955 the private brewery Schweiger began to deliver beer to Forsthaus St. Hubertus and in 1978 the brewery took over the management of the property which ultimately belongs to the German government.'''
The last forest warden worked at the location until 1979. The property has since then been used as a restaurant and beer garden. In recent years, Forsthaus St. Hubertus was poorly
managed and unmaintained by various leaseholders. However, in 2010 the new leaseholders, Heidi Hanrieder and Adi Warte, relaunched the beer garden and restaurant after extensive renovation. The 2-storey restaurant building has been completely refurbished and tastefully decorated into an ideal venue for small private functions in a homely atmosphere.
The kitchens of the restaurant and self-service food stall have been completely replaced and modernised. Forsthaus St. Hubertus
specialises in traditional Bavarian cuisine and all meals are prepared daily using fresh organically grown ingredients from surrounding farmlands. Occasionally wild game from the Ebersberger Forst, such as deer or boar, is available the menu.