no edit summary
The beer garden originally opened in 2007 under the name Die Alte Messe, which was changed to Kongress Garten in 2010 and after a change of leaseholder to Wirtshaus am Bavariapark in 2011. The listed main building, the former Kongresshalle, was built in 1953 and sold to the non-profit Edith-Haberland-Wagner-Stiftung in 2004. This charity foundation, named after the last heiress of the Wagner brewery dynasty, retains 51% of the shares of Augustiner, Munich's oldest brewery.
The self-serviced area has about 1,200 seats on traditional beer garden benches, shaded by chestnut trees. The served terrace has about 300 seats on regular tables. The British leaseholder and head chef Philip Sedwick traveled the world and knows all about quality food. In addition to traditional beer garden meals such as [[Obatzda]], Wurstsalat (sliced sausage salad), Hendl (roasted chicken) and Schweinshax'n (roasted pork knuckle) he also offers a small selection of International meals. All meals are prepared fresh and there is no distinction between the self-serviced and serviced kitchen. The beer served fresh from the wooden barrel is [[Augustiner]] and a [[Maß]] [[Hell]] (lager) costs €5.80.
The extensively renovated main building has two cosy restaurants with up to 90 seats and one ball room for up to 300 guests, the ideal location for weddings, meetings and private parties.