Gutshof Menterschwaige is located between Harlaching and Grünwald on the raised shoreline of the Isar river. The listed former royal estate is one of the oldest beer gardens in Munich. Gutshof Menterschwaige is a popular resting place amongst bikers and hikers during their excursions along the Isar.
Gutshof Menterschwaige was first documented in 1012, about 150 years before Munich was found. In 1632 during the Thirty Years' War the estate was destroyed by the Swedes. Elector Ferdinand Maria gave the remains of the estate to Count Maximilian von Kurz. For the next years the estate served as the Royal Household of the Wittelsbacher family. In 1803 the estate was extended by the building of an inn, which soon became famous, especially with artists and noblemen.
The beer garden has about 2,000 seats under large chestnut trees in the self-serviced area. Guests can sit either on regular tables or beer benches. The roofed, wooden terrace in the served area offers 150 seats. The food stalls of the self-serviced area offer Steckerlfisch (grilled fish on a stick), meat and sausage specialties grilled over beechwood and sweet delights such as crêpe and Auszogne. A Maß Löwenbräu Hell (lager) costs EUR 7.20.
81545 Munich (Harlaching)