News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Summer suppers: Great beer gardens with bites - USA TODAY (July 17, 2014 14:56)
- USA Today: Milwaukee's Estabrook Beer Garden named one of the “great ... - fox6now.com (July 25, 2014 02:43)
- Canyon Briefs - Napa Valley Register (July 31, 2014 00:10)
- How To Stop Your Kids From Catching Bieber Fever - Huffington Post Canada (July 28, 2014 19:55)
- Here's What's Brewing in the Nation's Emerging Beer Cities - Boston.com (July 25, 2014 14:02)
- 48 hours in... Munich - CITY A.M. (July 18, 2014 19:27)
- Events in NJ: Stein-holding contest, superheroes, bees and Queen with Adam ... - The Star-Ledger (July 26, 2014 11:31)
- 2014 Major League Soccer All-Star Game Comes to Portland - About - Cities & Towns (July 29, 2014 09:30)
- Social Circle: Are there too many beer gardens? - OnMilwaukee.com (July 13, 2014 12:09)
- Summer suppers: Rustic meals at farms and ranches - USA TODAY (July 25, 2014 12:06)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.