News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- A business person's guide to Munich: Beer included - GMA News (March 04, 2015 07:32)
- Destination Dining: Buffalo undergoes food renaissance - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle (March 05, 2015 15:44)
- How Berliners refused to give Tempelhof airport over to developers - The Guardian (March 05, 2015 09:18)
- Burger Barn Unveils Plans for Beer Garden - The Oracle (February 18, 2015 19:22)
- Hofbrauhaus St. Petersburg hopes for June opening at former Tramor Cafeteria - Tampabay.com (February 19, 2015 17:44)
- Community-sponsored day trips and travel - The Delaware County Daily Times (March 01, 2015 04:20)
- Solar Decathlon 2015: Texas/Germany Team's NexusHaus (Video) - CleanTechnica (February 12, 2015 10:52)
- Q&A: German brewmaster Robert Makein of Hofbrauhaus Columbus - Columbus Crave (February 23, 2015 23:36)
- Visit these local breweries to sample their wares - Cincinnati.com (February 20, 2015 21:34)
- Europe's best winter getaways - CNN (February 24, 2015 23:14)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.