News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Hamburg, Germany boasts Beatles tours, river cruises and more - New York Daily News (August 26, 2016 17:06)
- Hip entertainment, history mingle in Midtown Sacramento - SFGate - SFGate (August 25, 2016 21:18)
- ColdFire Brewing conjures fresh new beer community - The Register-Guard (August 24, 2016 19:12)
- The Craft Beer Guide to Rio de Janeiro - Paste Magazine (August 22, 2016 19:21)
- 20 great hotels, B&Bs and apartments in Germany - The Guardian (August 23, 2016 07:31)
- The best European cities for a family holiday - Telegraph.co.uk (September 23, 2015 12:09)
- Lounging around: The world's best airports to unwind - Independent Online (August 24, 2016 20:06)
- Top 10 holidays in Bavaria's lake district - The Guardian (August 14, 2016 11:03)
- German beer for free at Ba Na Hills Beer Festival 2016 - VietNamNet Bridge (August 25, 2016 07:02)
- Munich: Germany's best face - Spectator.co.uk (August 04, 2016 05:28)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.