News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Las Vegas Downtown Revival Continues With City's First Munich-Style Beer ... - Forbes (April 15, 2014 15:02)
- Holidays in Germany: Football, beer and lederhosen...Munich is a wunderbar ... - Daily Mail (March 31, 2014 11:19)
- Munich gives go-ahead to 'urban naked zones' - Scotsman (April 15, 2014 01:04)
- Justin Bieber Skips Assault Hearing In Toronto - Huffington Post Canada (April 14, 2014 20:31)
- The return of Lobster Fest at Chicopee's Munich Haus - MassLive.com (April 12, 2014 01:11)
- 24 Hours in Munich, Germany - The Daily Meal (April 07, 2014 02:37)
- What's so great about... Munich? - The Local.de (March 28, 2014 14:09)
- Black Forest Biergarten is Now Known As Glass Boot - Eater (April 11, 2014 17:30)
- Best brews with a view - The Sunshine Coast Daily (April 08, 2014 06:10)
- Get Your Oktoberfest Going Daily at the New Bier Garten - Eater National (April 08, 2014 00:11)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.