News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Insider Guide: Best of Munich - CNN (October 29, 2015 14:12)
- Tchoupitoulas Beer Garden opens in the Warehouse District - bestofneworleans.com (blog) (November 11, 2015 19:06)
- Beer garden district - bestofneworleans.com (November 16, 2015 20:35)
- White Horse pub in Leamington unveils stunning new-look - Coventry Telegraph (November 23, 2015 16:59)
- Munich city guide: what to see, plus the best bars, hotels and restaurants - The Guardian (November 07, 2015 08:00)
- Move Over Munich: A World Record Beer Garden Opens in the US - Forbes (July 22, 2015 20:36)
- Guests drive neo-Nazi from Munich beer garden - The Local.de (August 12, 2015 11:28)
- Fremont Brewing | Bourbon Barrel Aged Abominable | Black Friday Release - BeerAdvocate.com (November 20, 2015 21:43)
- 9 tips to discover Munich from a different perspective - Deutsche Welle (November 13, 2015 10:10)
- Juergen Teller: 'Popularity Doesn't Interest Me Whatsoever' - The Business of Fashion (November 20, 2015 13:49)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.