News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- The beer garden spans many cultures - Hamburg Sun (July 06, 2016 17:13)
- Thirsty Thursday: Top Notch - Boston Herald (July 28, 2016 06:15)
- Multiple attacks leave Germans on edge - CNN (July 26, 2016 13:50)
- Gutshof Menterschweig – Traditional biergarden - Spotted by Locals (blog) (July 26, 2016 12:39)
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting - The Local.de (July 23, 2016 17:40)
- Nuremberg: Explosion seen next to migration centre in Germany ... - Daily Star (July 27, 2016 17:50)
- Germany boosts police presence and warns of further terrorism - The Guardian (July 25, 2016 20:52)
- 5 Best Ways To Spend A Summer's Day In Munich - Huffington Post (July 20, 2016 22:47)
- Munich, city of beer – on tap for you - Manchester Confidential (July 18, 2016 18:02)
- Berlin moves on despite terror threat - Jerusalem Post Israel News (July 25, 2016 23:41)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.