News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Why U.S. airports are so crummy - The Seattle Times (December 16, 2014 15:34)
- Munich: A brief guide - Bundesliga - official website (December 06, 2014 01:40)
- The Greatest Holiday Market of All Time? It's at the Munich Airport - Yahoo Travel (December 05, 2014 08:13)
- How restaurants cut corners: embalmed shrimp and headless beer - The Guardian (December 01, 2014 18:52)
- Two men shot in Munich beer garden - The Local.de (May 27, 2014 09:07)
- Las Vegas Downtown Revival Continues With City's First Munich-Style Beer ... - Forbes (April 15, 2014 15:02)
- Why Bavaria Rivals Texas in State Pride - Huffington Post (November 20, 2014 22:56)
- Europe's Top 10 Christmas markets - Irish Independent (November 29, 2014 03:34)
- Christmas Markets in Europe Set to Draw in More Travellers Than Ever Before - Breaking Travel News (December 11, 2014 14:31)
- Germany's Christmas Markets Ring in Advent - TravelPulse (November 24, 2014 16:12)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.