News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Beer Garden: Spaten Optimator is a delight - Pensacola News Journal (October 22, 2014 02:48)
- State Fair, zombie runs lead weekend best bets - WRAL.com (October 23, 2014 15:41)
- Sneak Peek: Hofbrauhaus Columbus - Columbus Crave (October 22, 2014 22:02)
- Trip Tips: Munich's Oktoberfest stems from tradition, draws millions - Reuters UK (September 26, 2014 01:25)
- Oktoberfest is beer!: Three options to indulge in suds and German fare - Pacific Daily News (October 16, 2014 18:08)
- Dogtoberfest raises funds for pet helpers - Arizona Daily Star (October 21, 2014 03:05)
- History, great food converge at the Depot in Plymouth - Herald Times Reporter (October 18, 2014 21:12)
- Oktoberfest 2014: Munich on the East River and other celebrations in NJ - The Star-Ledger (October 09, 2014 17:14)
- Haven't We Seen Helen Lawrence Before? - Torontoist (October 22, 2014 15:12)
- Greenville's Oktoberfest to feature traveling beer garden, music and food - Spartanburg Herald Journal (September 30, 2014 18:02)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.