News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- The Munich Beer Festival: Impossible to forget, yet hard to remember! - Yahoo News UK (December 01, 2013 02:48)
- Riots Break Out In Singapore After Fatal Bus Accident - Huffington Post UK (December 09, 2013 17:10)
- German brewers want beer law honored as cultural treasure - New York Daily News (December 02, 2013 20:44)
- Delta Flies University Of Florida Basketball Team, Bumps Regular Passengers ... - Huffington Post (December 04, 2013 19:02)
- Paulaner Brauhaus Opens on Bowery This Week - Village Voice (blog) (November 25, 2013 17:04)
- The Glam Guide to Visiting Munich - The Fashion Spot (November 27, 2013 19:30)
- Where's The Best Airport In The World To Be Stranded? - WCBE 90.5 FM (December 03, 2013 19:16)
- What's the best airport to be stuck in? - GlobalPost (December 01, 2013 17:38)
- Though pricey, Biergarten a nice addition for brew-lovers - San Antonio Express (blog) (November 20, 2013 18:39)
- Where's The Best Airport To Be Stranded? - WFAE (December 02, 2013 22:04)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.