News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Estabrook Beer Garden opens for the season April 30th with grand opening ... - fox6now.com (April 28, 2015 02:07)
- Book Excerpt: Werner Herzog's Of Walking In Ice - Vulture (May 21, 2015 17:08)
- Early look at Hofbräuhaus, lavish German beer garden under construction in ... - Tampa Bay Business Journal (April 28, 2015 21:08)
- Dream of title defence lives on for Rosenmeier - FIFA.com (May 19, 2015 10:31)
- Women Beer Rock! fundraiser, Hofbrauhaus events, more - beer calendar - cleveland.com (blog) (May 18, 2015 19:49)
- 10 top things to see and do in Munich - Express.co.uk (May 12, 2015 21:27)
- Stan's 5-Point Stance: Gerrard Will Be Liverpool Boss, Cech Move Up to Mourinho - Bleacher Report (May 15, 2015 16:04)
- Five things every Malaysian should know when visiting Munich - Malay Mail Online (April 27, 2015 08:50)
- Long-delayed Nazi museum opens in Munich - Hurriyet Daily News (May 01, 2015 23:02)
- Lakeside view beckons - Chandigarh Tribune (May 16, 2015 22:33)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.