News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- 18 incredible beer gardens to visit in your lifetime - Foster's Daily Democrat (September 28, 2015 00:55)
- The best beer gardens for celebrating Oktoberfest in 16 US cities - Foster's Daily Democrat (September 19, 2015 19:22)
- Beer garden may open at Canalside in 2017 - Buffalo News (October 06, 2015 19:18)
- Fewer guests eat more and drink less beer at Munich's Oktoberfest - Deutsche Welle (October 04, 2015 17:58)
- Oktoberfest season hits Tampa Bay with lots of ways to get your oompah on - Tampabay.com (October 06, 2015 21:24)
- 5 O'Clock Somewhere: Thank God Summer Is Finally Over - Huffington Post (October 06, 2015 16:52)
- Night + Day: Nine Best Things to Do in Broward and Palm Beach This Week - New Times Broward-Palm Beach (October 06, 2015 15:02)
- Restaurant news: McNellie's sets beer dinner, Cosmo brings back fall soup and more - Tulsa World (October 06, 2015 23:24)
- The Perfect Weekend in Munich - Condé Nast Traveler (September 23, 2015 18:00)
- Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest runs till Oct. 31 - GamingTodaySlotsToday (October 06, 2015 15:31)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.