News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Beer garden pops up at Denver airport - USA TODAY (September 17, 2014 16:21)
- Historic downtown St. Petersburg cafeteria to reopen as beer garden - Tampabay.com (September 19, 2014 03:06)
- Cranley: How about a beer garden in Mount Airy Forest? - Cincinnati Business Courier (September 19, 2014 03:09)
- Beers, brats and boots: Where to celebrate Oktoberfest - Washington Post (blog) (September 18, 2014 19:41)
- Making the most of a layover in Munich - ChicagoNow (blog) (September 19, 2014 03:55)
- German restaurants to know for Oktoberfest season - Cincinnati.com (September 19, 2014 04:15)
- Punk that pumpkin beer - Octoberfestbier is the brew for fall - Philly.com (September 18, 2014 17:36)
- Wine me, dine me: The can't miss bites between beers at Oktoberfest - WCPO (September 18, 2014 17:08)
- Karl Strauss to Host San Diego-style Oktoberfest - Brewbound.com (September 18, 2014 18:12)
- Downtown set to offer Oktoberfest - Lethbridge Herald (September 16, 2014 06:39)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.