News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Augustiner Keller: Massive beer garden in Munich, Germany - Baltimore Post-Examiner (January 27, 2016 18:12)
- Hitler hangout: Hinterbrühl Beer Garden, Munich, Germany - Baltimore Post-Examiner (January 16, 2016 18:06)
- Seehaus and Chinesischer Turm beer gardens Munich, Germany - Baltimore Post-Examiner (January 22, 2016 19:06)
- Jocular Jazz at WaWi Beer Garden, Munich, Germany - Baltimore Post-Examiner (January 12, 2016 19:01)
- Chelsea football hooligans caught on video trashing beer garden, attacking worker - Yahoo7 News (January 28, 2016 07:48)
- Stadium Guide: BayArena, Bayer Leverkusen - World Soccer (February 05, 2016 13:00)
- El Cajon's URBN St. stops making beer - The San Diego Union-Tribune (February 04, 2016 19:22)
- Painting 2.0: Expression in the Information Age - Brooklyn Rail (February 03, 2016 17:38)
- Move Over Munich: A World Record Beer Garden Opens in the US - Forbes (July 22, 2015 20:36)
- Turning dreams to details for Raleigh's Dix park - News & Observer (January 29, 2016 22:36)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.