News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Dacha Beer Garden Opens Tomorrow - Washington City Paper (blog) (March 07, 2014 18:55)
- Bavaria's Abbey beer trail beckons - USA TODAY (March 07, 2014 16:45)
- Dimon Kendrick-Holmes: Step forward and a step backward - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (March 08, 2014 05:55)
- Bieber Sells California Home To Khloe Kardashian, Egged Neighbours' 'Very ... - Huffington Post Canada (March 07, 2014 06:30)
- Clinton business groups plan for Oktoberfest fall festival - South Whidbey Record (February 28, 2014 15:12)
- Renovations to turn church into restaurant and microbrewery continue - C&G Newspapers (February 28, 2014 16:21)
- bmi regional reveals five day seat sale - ITCM (March 05, 2014 13:02)
- Marriott Unveils Major Expansion of Moxy Hotels Brand - ASIATravelTips.com (March 06, 2014 03:53)
- Which Are the Worlds Best Cities To Live in 2014 - Siliconindia.com (March 03, 2014 13:55)
- The Four Ps of Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier - Livemint (February 28, 2014 03:54)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.