News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- 48 hours in Munich - The Sun Chronicle (April 19, 2015 19:20)
- Your Travel Expert On: Munich - Patch.com (April 19, 2015 03:08)
- Munich ice shop faces €10000 wasp sting - The Local.de (April 16, 2015 17:37)
- The Craft of Glass: Talking with the Medium's Front-Runners - BLOUIN ARTINFO (April 19, 2015 14:08)
- Phoenix building has long stood tall - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle (April 09, 2015 23:49)
- The world's best airport bars - Telegraph.co.uk (April 01, 2015 17:42)
- Fare Deals: Craft brewery tours, tastings, festivals on tap - Toronto Star (April 08, 2015 17:17)
- Want a good quality of life? It ain't here - Yahoo Finance (blog) (April 02, 2015 23:28)
- Plan your Opening Day pre-game - Cincinnati.com (March 27, 2015 22:18)
- Essendon players celebrate AFL anti-doping tribunal's not guilty verdict - Herald Sun (March 31, 2015 13:04)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.