News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Keg tapped in celebration as Scout Lake Beer Garden opened, beer to be ... - fox6now.com (June 11, 2015 04:40)
- "In the old days, beer in Bavaria was called liquid bread" - Bobby visits a ... - Newstalk 106-108 fm (June 27, 2015 13:50)
- Scout Lake Beer Garden will open on Wednesday - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (June 04, 2015 23:43)
- A beer-lover's guide to Munich - The Globe and Mail (June 15, 2015 20:14)
- Hoffman Estates beer garden opens - Chicago Daily Herald (June 18, 2015 00:24)
- 10 things you should do in Munich, Germany - PennLive.com (June 19, 2015 01:32)
- Bavarian Schoolgirls Asked To 'Dress Modestly' Due To Syrian Refugees nearby - News Every day (June 29, 2015 14:25)
- Tune in to the Down to Business German Special today from 10am - Newstalk 106-108 fm (June 27, 2015 09:01)
- DTB in Germany Part II: Cars, bars and the King of Pop - Newstalk 106-108 fm (June 26, 2015 14:26)
- Personal attacks in the political arena: Not much has changed in 50 years - Nashua Telegraph (June 27, 2015 06:16)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.