News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Fun before you fly - The Border Mail (May 19, 2013 04:25)
- May 16 Photo Brief: Cannes film festival gets underway, rocket attacks in ... - Baltimore Sun (May 16, 2013 23:51)
- Top news photos for May 15 - Mercury News Media Center - San Jose Mercury News media center (May 16, 2013 01:02)
- Out into the world... and back home to Nelson - Nelson Star (May 08, 2013 01:01)
- KuppingerCole's European Identity & Cloud Conference 2013 has opened ... - Security Park (May 15, 2013 16:49)
- Preview: Czech Beer Festival - Prague Post (May 10, 2013 18:06)
- Cops call spider man after catching tarantula - The Local.de (May 07, 2013 17:43)
- Oregon Garden, Belgian and German beers and much more for the week of April ... - OregonLive.com (April 26, 2013 16:26)
- 20 things to do this weekend - Cincinnati.com (May 09, 2013 20:57)
- 10 Incredible Parks You Can't Miss - Huffington Post (April 27, 2013 05:39)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.