News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Beer Town: Chef Kevin Gillespie's new beer garden is a bit of Germany in Decatur - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog) (April 28, 2016 22:34)
- 2016 Milwaukee beer garden guide - OnMilwaukee.com (April 19, 2016 18:07)
- Coast Lines, April 30, 2016: Voter registration clinic set Saturday - Santa Cruz Sentinel (April 30, 2016 02:23)
- Your guide to Munich and the Allianz Arena - Bayern Central (April 24, 2016 18:00)
- Wayfinder Beer Finds Its Way - The Portland Mercury (April 28, 2016 22:03)
- Bavarian Bierhaus opens in Glendale - WTMJ (press release) (subscription) (blog) (April 27, 2016 02:34)
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery: Precision Manufacturing Produces Smiles - IndustryWeek (April 28, 2016 12:44)
- SkyGarten bringing beer to 51st floor of Three Logan Square - PhillyVoice.com (April 21, 2016 01:04)
- Las Vegas Strip finally gets a Beerhaus - USA TODAY (April 14, 2016 14:07)
- From Niagara Falls to Oktoberfest, residents list most overrated tourist attractions - Daily Mail (April 19, 2016 16:12)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.