News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Germany's Christmas Markets Ring in Advent - TravelPulse (November 24, 2014 16:12)
- Pursuit of Hoppiness: Beer Loving Destinations in Europe - TravelersToday (November 11, 2014 22:08)
- Travel tips: alternative Munich and the week's best deals - The Guardian (October 26, 2014 07:00)
- Large beer garden planned for Germantown - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (blog) (October 28, 2014 23:17)
- Why Bavaria Rivals Texas in State Pride - Huffington Post (November 20, 2014 22:56)
- Must-See Art Guide: Munich - artnet News (October 30, 2014 16:27)
- Exclusive news and research on the wine, spirits and beer business - Shanken News Daily (November 17, 2014 15:51)
- “Lebowski” style bowling alley and beer garden in the works in Midtown - kfor.com (November 06, 2014 23:23)
- Beer garden proposal would restore Germantown historic parklike area - Germantown Now (November 05, 2014 17:24)
- Footy travels #12: Munich - hotpress.com (subscription) (October 28, 2014 10:09)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.