News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Munich, Germany: History, museums, Oktoberfest and, best of all, beer - Communities Digital News (January 10, 2015 20:30)
- Origins Of BMW - BMWBLOG (blog) (January 23, 2015 20:30)
- Bar/fly: Munich's Oktoberfest - New Zealand Herald (January 15, 2015 03:01)
- Maintaing the wow factor - Routes News (January 23, 2015 15:07)
- Bearing Witness Even When It Seems Too Much to Bear - Huffington Post (January 21, 2015 04:51)
- Grisly tale of signage ignored in Austria - Boston Globe (January 10, 2015 22:44)
- Interview with Munich Tourist Board Director Geraldine Knudson (Includes ... - Digital Journal (January 16, 2015 22:22)
- Where to Eat, and Where Dance It Off - New York Times (January 07, 2015 20:30)
- Traveling to food festivals for oysters, chocolate and beer - The Seattle Times (January 11, 2015 15:32)
- 10 reasons to love Bavaria - Deutsche Welle (January 09, 2015 08:08)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.