News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Oktoberfest 2014 guide - Telegraph.co.uk (August 23, 2014 09:10)
- Germany's beer gardens: How it all got started - Deutsche Welle (August 29, 2014 12:05)
- Indy Oktoberfests beat saying 'Prost!' in Munich - Indianapolis Star (August 29, 2014 14:19)
- Signed photograph of Adolf Hitler up for auction in Runcorn - Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News (September 01, 2014 12:24)
- Join the Conversation - Cincinnati.com (August 25, 2014 22:56)
- 15 days, 15 adventures: Diary of a river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam - Herald Sun (August 30, 2014 14:19)
- Aberdeen set for debut Oktoberfest - Aberdeen Evening Express (August 30, 2014 10:00)
- Hofbrauhaus at Grandview Yard receives its copper brew kettles - Columbus Dispatch (blog) (August 25, 2014 21:20)
- In This State: Tapping into Vermont's craft beer culture - vtdigger.org (August 24, 2014 23:01)
- Vail Oktoberfest set for two consecutive weekends in Lionshead, Vail Village - RealVail (August 30, 2014 18:32)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.