News and events
Various beer garden news including dates of forthcoming events held at individual beer gardens can be found as well as published here. If you are organising an event or know about an event in a Munich beer garden that should not be missed, please add your information in this section.
- 200 Years Beer Garden Anniversary - on the 4th of January 1812, an edict was issued by King of Bavaria Max I. to permit all breweries to sell beer straight out of their storage cellars. On the 4th of January 2012, the existence of the Bavarian beer garden celebrated its 200th birthday.
- April - special exhibition about the 200 years beer garden anniversary in the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum in Munich.
- July - beer garden weekend with events organised by the six main breweries of Munich (Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Löwenbräu, Hofbräu, Paulaner and Spaten).
- 200 years beer garden will also be a theme on the Frühlingsfest (spring festival), Brauertag (brewery day), Hofbräu-Dult and Oktoberfest.
The below links are automatically imported via a current Google News search for “Munich beer gardens”. Note that this is computer generated list and some irrelevant result will therefore likely be included amongst the links.
- Viehhof Kino – Open air cinema and beer garden - Spotted by Locals (blog) (May 27, 2016 17:14)
- The Beer Garden by the Chinese Tower, Munich - Deutsche Welle (May 17, 2016 12:16)
- 10 European Road Trips to Take This Summer - Huffington Post (May 31, 2016 22:43)
- 5 destinations around the world every beer lover must visit - India Today (May 31, 2016 13:25)
- Chef Kevin Gillespie's new beer garden is a bit of Germany in Decatur - MyAJC (May 04, 2016 06:22)
- The prince diaries - Bangkok Post (May 31, 2016 02:50)
- Munich: Outdoors and virtually free - Deutsche Welle (May 25, 2016 14:09)
- The sounds, sights and smells of Zanzibar - azcentral.com (May 27, 2016 20:34)
- Schulz Brau bringing a taste of Germany to Happy Hollow - Knoxville News Sentinel (May 22, 2016 10:08)
- Far-Right Political Party Fights for Right to Use Hitler's Munich Beer Hall - The Daily Meal (May 09, 2016 14:00)
Beer garden season 2012
Almost all beer gardens are closed during the winter months. So when exactly does the beer garden season begin and end? It depends on the weather, but usually the season begins in May or June and lasts until the end of September or October. Generally speaking, the beginning of the Oktoberfest marks the end of the beer garden season.
Beer garden weather forecast for the Munich area
The self service area and food stalls in most beer gardens do not open during bad weather. After all, who wants sit in the beer garden when it's raining?
Below is a Munich weather forecast for the next three days.