1,781 bytes added
08:41, 11 July 2010
no edit summary
'''The Aujäger has existed since 1690 and was originally a Royal hunting lodge. It is located in the countryside 30km south of Munich and 500 metres from the Isar river, shortly before the small village of Puppling.'''
It is beleived a restaurant was first opened here in 1810. The current owner's great grandfather bought the property in 1931 and continued running a restaurant and beer garden. The two buildings is now also a traditional Bavarian guesthouse offering 15 rooms.
The self service area beetween the main buildings and the road is partly shaded by large chestnut trees. The location has a village square feeling, complete with a Maibaum and a postal box for anyone who might need to send a letter. Over the road, there is a field where horses can usually be seen grazing.
There are 500 seats in the self-service are and about 50 seats the serviced area along the side and behind the main building.
Aujäger is a popular stop-by amongst bikers cycling the Isar route Munich and Wolfrautshausen.
The beer garden is usually mostly busy during warm summer evenings, especially by visitors after having spent a day swimming at the Isar.
Approximately every second month the traditional Bavarian band "Gmahde Wiesn" performs on a small stage in the beer garden. On Sundays Steckerlefish (grilled fish on a stick) is prepared in the beer garden with freshly cought forellen from a nearby fish farm. The beer served is Hacker-Pschorr and the price for a Maß is 5.40.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="47.919297" lon="11.449653" zoom="17" controls="large">
The Aujäger beer garden is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am until about 11pm. On weekdays the self service food stall opens around 4pm or 5pm. Before then guests in the self service area can fetch their beer from the restaurant. The beer garden and restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Retrieved from "