no edit summary
The existence of the beer garden was first documented in 1926. After several leaseholder changes, the beer garden as well as the castle, castle garden and brewhouse were sold to count Guy von Moy. Years later, the Hofmaier family bought the Schlossallee and reopened the beer garden after careful renovation and modernisation.
The beer garden has about 3,000 seats under centuries-old chestnut trees. Most tables are fixed to the ground. The various food stalls are all managed by individual shops in the village. There is a Kaffee-Hütt'n (coffee hut), Steak- and Würstlhütt'n (steak and sausages from the local butcher) and the Backhaus Weiß (local bakery). Another food stall offers fresh [[Steckerlfisch]] (grilled fish on a stick). The beer
served is [[Hofbräuhaus Freising]] and a Urhell (lager) costs €6.00. <!-- may 2011 -->
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="48.457946" lon="11.832265" zoom="14" controls="large">